We have a private stretch of the River Coquet available to guests keen to test their angling skills on one of England's most renowned game fishing rivers.
The river boasts a resident population of native Brown Trout with the best fish to date coming to the bank after an epic struggle at a whopping 6lb.
We also have seasonal runs of Salmon & Sea Trout with top weights of 22lb and 14lb respectively.
We try and keep the fishing as relaxed as possible, but inevitably, there are a few rules which we need to make anglers aware of :
- A valid fishing licence is required by all anglers.
- Brown Trout - Strictly fly only.
- Brown Trout bag limit - 3 fish per angler with a 9 inch minimum take size.
- Salmon & Sea Trout - Fly, spinning, shrimp & prawn (February to October). Worm allowed 1st June onwards. No maggots or live bait at any time.
- Rod maximum size - 12 foot 6 inches
- Lead core lines are not permitted
- Fishing not permitted from 12 midnight until one hour before sunrise during June, July & August. All other months ? Fishing is not permitted from one hour after sunset until one hour before sunrise.
- A catch and release policy is in place for all salmon caught before the 16th of June to help with conservation of stocks.
Fishing Season Dates :
Salmon - 1st February to 31st October
Sea Trout - 3rd April to 31st October
Brown Trout - 22nd March to 30th September
DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE (per rod)
Brown Trout £15.00 per day
Salmon and Sea Trout £20.00 per day 1st Feb to 31st Aug
Salmon and Sea Trout £30.00 per day 1st Sept to 31st Oct
A valid Environment Agency Licence must be shown.
Book now on: 01665 570271
Learn to Fish - Or Improve Your Skills
With Bob Smith
Bob is a member of the Hardy Greys Game Fishing Academy.
A qualified Game Angling Instructors Association Coach.
A qualified level 2 Angling Development Coach.
Contact 01670 514086
Or give us a ring at the Hotel and we will sort it out for you on 01665 570271.